This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Cupcake Jars! Okay, really, what’s not to love? They are super cute, they are very easy to make, and they taste delicious! There are actually two ways to make these. I kind of took the longer route to make mine (and by longer, I mean about 2 seconds more). You’re either going to make 2 round cakes and cut circles using a circle shaped cookie cutter OR you can simply make cupcakes!
For the cake, you need:
Cupcakes or 2 8″ round cakes
For the frosting, you need:
4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
2 Sticks (1 Cup) Butter, Softened
3 TSP Vanilla Extract
2 TBSP Milk
Food Coloring (optional)
To make the frosting: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer on low until ingredients are combined, then beat on medium until frosting is your desired consistency.
To make the cupcake jars:
1. Add some frosting to a piping bag. (Ziploc Bags work great too.)
2. Pipe a layer or two of frosting around the bottom of your glass jar.
3. If you are using round cakes, use a circle cookie cutter to cut a piece of cake.
4. Cut the piece of cake (or cupcake) in half so that you have 2 circles.
5. Place one circle on the layer of frosting in your glass jar. Pipe a second layer of frosting on top of that piece of cake. Place your second piece of cake on top of the frosting. Pipe a final layer of frosting on top. Decorate with sprinkles if you desire!
Tip: You can use a few drops of food coloring to change the color of your frosting if you’d like!
Other posts you might enjoy…