This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Did you know that you can make a delicious, hearty lasagna in your trusty old slow cooker? You can! I’m talking about minimal prep and letting your crock pot do most of the work! We like making this Crock Pot Lasagna for dinner and bonus – it always makes PLENTY of leftovers.
We used lean ground turkey in this version. Other meats would work as well (including beef or sausage) – whatever you have on hand.
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar pasta sauce
3-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
1 package uncooked lasagna noodles (about 15 noodles)
How to make:
1. Saute ground meat and onion in saute pan until the meat is fully cooked. Drain. Add pasta sauce, basil and salt.
2. In a bowl, mix 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese with the ricotta cheese and shredded Parmesan cheese. Store remaining mozzarella in refrigerator.
3. In slow cooker spoon one quarter of your meat/onion mixture into cooker and spread to cover the bottom. Layer 5 noodles on top of the meat, breaking the noodles as necessary to fit the dish.
4. Spread half of cheese mixture over the layer of noodles. Add another quarter of meat on top of the cheese, then 5 more noodles, the rest of the cheese, another quarter of meat, 5 more noodles and finally the rest of the meat.
5. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
6. About 20 minutes before mealtime, sprinkle the remaining 1 Cup of shredded mozzarella over lasagna and cover.
7. Once the top layer of cheese has melted, the lasagna is ready to serve.
Other posts you might enjoy…