This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Cookie Mix in a Jar Gift: Cranberry Pecan Crunch Cookies
Giving a cookie mix in a jar gift is easy, budget-friendly, and thoughtful! You can give a variety of recipes in a jar. Here is one that we love!
Okay, are any of you total suckers for these kinds of gifts? I absolutely LOVE receiving mason jar gifts that contain cookie mixes, soup mixes, hot chocolate, etc. We all know that I love almost anything that comes packaged in a mason jar, LOL. But these gifts are so fun to receive because they look cute, provide a tasty meal or treat, and they took thought and effort on the part of the gift giver.
Now let me admit this: I didn’t make this jar. I received it as a Christmas gift! My two aunts set up a mass mason jar gift production factory in their kitchen last fall and gave baskets to everyone with all sorts of jar gifts, dip mixes, etc. It was a thoughtful gift and everything looked so pretty in the basket!
Last week Landon and I baked up the Cranberry Pecan Crunch Cookie Mix that came in one of those jars. They were delicious! I knew I had to make up a printable gift tag and post about this recipe. My aunt shared the original jar recipe with me and here we go!
You can grab our printable recipe tags right here. Simply enter your email address in the box and opt-in to receive our free newsletter. Check your inbox for this printable, which you will receive as a subscriber bonus.
Cookie Jar Mix Ingredients
See recipe card below for ingredient amounts. These jars contain toasted chopped pecans, dried cranberries, all purpose baking mix, light brown sugar, and dark brown sugar.
Simple Gift to Give!
These cookies are so easy to make. Your gift recipient only needs to add 1 egg, 1 stick of butter and 1 tsp vanilla to the jar mix to bake the cookies.
How to Gift the Jars
For the finishing touch, top each jar with a small piece of fabric and tie it on with a piece of twine or ribbon. I made this printable recipe direction card that you can print and punch a hole in, then tie onto the twine.
Get your printable recipe tag and you’re all set. These tags are an easy PDF file and come with 3 recipe cards on a page. Recipe cards are approximately 3×5 inches. I recommend printing these on white card stock, however regular printer paper would work fine in a pinch.
Note: these tags are for personal use only.
Cranberry Pecan Crunch Cookie Jar Gift
Jar Gift Mix (makes 1 wide mouth quart sized mason jar)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose baking mix (Bisquik) divided
- 1 jar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes, until they turn golden brown.
Jar Mix Assembly Directions
- Layer the ingredients in the mason jar in the following order, packing each layer after adding it to the jar:Cranberries, pecans, brown sugar, 1 cup all purpose baking mix, light brown sugar, 1 cup all purpose baking mix
- Close jar and see blog post for gifting tips and printable gift recipe card.
To Bake the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream together the egg, vanilla, and softened butter. Stir in the jar mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Drop dough by 1 inch balls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are a light golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Keep these cookies in mind for easy, pretty gifts that taste as great as they look!
Other posts you might enjoy…