This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Coca Cola BBQ Ribs | Easy Instant Pot Recipe
I recently bought a 7-in-1 Instant Pot that features a pressure cooker function as well as slow cooker, yogurt maker, rice maker and more. It is my new favorite dinner tool and has made at least half of our meals in the week since it arrived.
We weren’t expecting much for our first recipe, and then we were shocked at how incredible the meal actually was. And how easy! While all of the extra functions on this cooker are nice, it was the pressure cooker that really drew me in. You know how much I love my slow cooker, but the pressure cooker function offers something that the slow cooker cannot: SPEED. When you cook food under such high pressure, the result is not only a shorter cook time, but the result is food infused with flavor and meat that is falling off the bone.
Our first recipe turned out so great, I’m glad I snapped a few quick pictures while cooking so that I can share it with you.
Note: you could swap out the Coca Cola for Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke if you prefer.
Instant Pot Coca Cola BBQ Rib Ingredients
Rack of ribs (on the bone) We used pork ribs and they were semi-defrosted.
1 Cup Coca Cola
How to make Instant Pot Coca Cola Ribs
1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Pour Coke and squirt some BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray’s) in the Instant Pot.
3. Place ribs inside Instant Pot and squirt some more BBQ sauce on top.
4. Secure lid onto cooker and turn on. Choose the “meat” function and set to 20 minutes.
5. The pressure cooker will take 10-15 minutes to set the pressure before it starts cooking. Make sure to follow the directions in your operating manual carefully so that the pressure sets correctly.
6. After the pressure is set, the timer on your Instant Pot will appear and the cook time will begin to count down from 20.
7. At this time, fire up your oven to broil (hi) or if you prefer, turn on your grill outside and let it heat up.
8. After your cooker timer goes off, release the pressure and remove ribs.
9. They will be fully cooked and ready to eat – BUT – here’s one last step that will take the taste from really good to amazing: place your ribs on a baking sheet if going into the oven or directly on your grill. Brush a fresh coat of BBQ sauce on top of the ribs.
10. Grill or broil for another 5-10 minutes, just until the sauce is caramelized on top.
Check out the printable recipe card below!
Coca Cola BBQ Ribs Instant Pot Recipe
- 1 rack ribs bone-in or boneless, defrosted or semi-defrosted
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place metal rack in the Instant Pot and put ribs on top of the rack.
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- Add barbecue sauce and Coca Cola.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is set to "sealing." Turn on pressure cooker "meat" mode for 20 minutes.
- While the ribs are cooking, turn your oven broiler on "high."
- When the cook time is up, do a quick pressure release. Remove the ribs from the cooker and place on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Brush ribs with a fresh coating of barbecue sauce.
- Place in oven and cook for 5 minutes under the broiler set to "high," just until the sauce is caramelized on top.
Do you have an Instant Pot? I would love to hear what YOUR favorite recipes are! Share them in the comments!