This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Every year at Christmas time, we love spending a day or two baking up all sorts of different cookies! My mom used to bake cookies every year and I enjoy carrying on the tradition. This year give these fun Cool Whip cookies a try. You only need a handful of ingredients and these colorful cookies will dress up any dessert table or cookie tray!
These Christmas Cool Whip cookies are light and sweet and the process is enough for kids to help out too.
Let’s get to it!
How to Make Christmas Cool Whip Cookies
Christmas Cool Whip Cookies Recipe
- 15 oz Box of Butter Cake Mix
- 8 oz Container of Cool Whip
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, Cool Whip, vanilla and the egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Separate the batter into two bowls. Add green food coloring to one bowl and red coloring to the other bowl. Mix each bowl until the color is distributed evenly.
- Scoop the dough into 1 TBSP sized balls. Place them on a non-stick baking sheet or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten each dough ball on the sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These cookies are definitely an easier variety to make!
You can store the baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks after baking.
If you give these Cool Whip cookies a try, let us know how they turn out!