This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Check out this adorable and super easy Dr Seuss themed snack idea! Perfect for a birthday party, school celebration, or even just a rainy day. This Cat in the Hat Pizza will make a great addition to your menu.
Dr Seuss Day is held annually on March 2nd.
Traditionally on this day, many schools across the country celebrate author Dr Seuss (whose birthday was on March 2nd). From dress up days that coincide with Dr Seuss book themes to fun Dr Seuss snacks and crafts, this is usually a pretty big deal in many elementary schools!
My kids always have a bunch of different Dr Seuss themed activities going on in their school, especially during late February/early March. Have you checked out the Dr Seuss Book Club deal? I have always loved that one for baby shower gifts, birthday gifts, etc.
Today’s new post is all about PIZZA!
Cat in the Hat Themed Snack Idea
Dr Seuss books have created some pretty iconic symbols that most people associate with their stories. One of, if not the, most iconic symbol is the big, billowy red and white striped hat that the main character (a cat) wears in the book Cat in the Hat.
Did you see the craft post I published for a DIY Cat in the Hat Hat made out of a red Solo party cup? So cute!
Back to the pizza!
Ingredients for Cat in the Hat Pizza
You will need the following:
- 2 packs of pepperoni (about 3 cups)
- 1 pack shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
How to Make Cat in the Hat Pizza!
Dr Seuss Cat in the Hat Pizza
- 3 cups pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide pizza dough into 3/4 and 1/4 segments.
- Roll 1/4 of the dough flat (to form the brim of the hat, a circle shape).
- Roll out the rest of the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle shape.
- Place the shaped pizza dough on the parchment-lined baking sheet, putting the rectangle over the circle.
- Bake the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the oven and add the sauce.
- Next, add the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Finally, add the pepperoni, creating the stripes of the hat.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the dough and how crispy you like your dough!
This delicious and tasty snack will be the perfect addition to your Dr Seuss themed celebration!
More posts you might enjoy…