This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Best Things to Buy on Prime Day
Amazon’s annual retail bonanza, affectionately known as “Prime Day,” can actually grab you some great deals and serious price drops on popular items and services. Of course, the emphasis of Prime Day is on Amazon’s own devices and subscription services. See below for some of the best bargains every year on Prime Day.
We have several years’ worth of Amazon Prime Day under our belts at this point and have started to see some definite patterns. There are certain products that typically go on sale on Prime Day and, while there’s never a guarantee on specific products or prices, we can make some solid predictions.
Amazon Prime Day is July 17, 2018.
The deals will actually begin the day before, on July 16th at 3 PM EST.
Can you get a discount on Amazon Prime Membership on Amazon Prime Day?
Typically, no. Prime Day is a sales event for current Amazon Prime members and not the day to score a discounted Prime membership. However, you can score a FREE 30 day Prime Membership if you don’t want to commit to an entire year. Sign up now and you will be eligible for Prime Day Savings!
Best Things to Buy on Prime Day?
1. Amazon Prime Day Subscription Discounts (AVAILABLE NOW!)
Amazon Prime – FREE 30 Day Membership
Prime Student – FREE 6-month Prime Membership for students, then 50% off regular price
Twitch – FREE Trial and Prime member exclusives
Prime Pantry – $10 off first Prime Pantry order of $40+
Kindle Unlimited – 3 Months of Kindle Unlimited for 99 cents
Amazon Music Unlimited – 4 Months of Music Unlimited for 99 cents
Amazon Fresh – $30 off first order (use code 30FRESH)
FreeTime Unlimited for Kids – 3 Months for $2.99
Audible – 66% off a 3 Month Membership
2. Amazon Devices
3. Camping and Outdoor Gear – Typically we see some really good Prime Day deals on camping gear.
4 Instant Pot – We won’t know what model might be offered as a Prime Deal of the Day, but almost every single Prime Day so far has featured an Instant Pot deal. These have a high sell-out risk, so don’t wait if you see something good.
5. Roomba – Same as Instant Pot – this one typically goes on some sort of discount on Prime Day. Could be any model.
6. Movie and TV Shows – I love checking out movies and TV series deals on Prime Day. These make excellent stocking stuffers, so pick them up and put them away for Christmas. Deals on past Prime Days included deep discounts on series like Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, and Disney movies.
7. Power and Handtools – Keep an eye on brands like Dewalt for great discounts on Prime Day.
8. Fashion for the Fam – Almost every year we see some excellent Prime Day Deals on clothing and accessories for the whole family!
2018 Prime Day Sneak Peeks
Here are the items that Amazon has hinted that will go on sale on Prime Day this year:
Select Selfie Sticks
Tell us – what are YOU hoping to find deals on during Prime Day Sales?
Follow every single PRIME DAY DEAL that we post right HERE!