This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Our elf loves to encourage creativity. And what better way to cultivate some creativity than by PAINTING? Have your elf set the scene for a fun craft time.
I was cruising around the craft store aisles last week and Christmas was most definitely in full force. From the lights to the decorative pillows to the craft ideas, there was Christmas all over the place. I don’t know about your kids, but mine are just about ALWAYS up for arts and crafts time. They love coloring, painting, clay, stickers, jewelry making, and more. In fact, I doubt there is a craft that they don’t enjoy.
When I saw the huge array of DIY paint-your-own Christmas ornaments, I was inspired to make some new printables for our Elf on the Shelf to use. For this craft, you don’t necessarily have to stick with tree ornaments. Your elf can choose any ornament or Christmas craft that uses paint for the decorating medium.
Artist Elf Supplies
Your elf will need:
- Ornaments or other crafts to paint
- Our elf artist printable page (Note: these are for personal use only.)
How to Set Up the Scene
- Print out our elf artist printables. I recommend printing these on white cardstock to make them a bit sturdier. You can choose between the 3 different sizes of palettes/brushes. (For reference, I used the middle sized images for this post.)
- Set up the ornaments with paint and a paintbrush.
- Tape the “Wet Paint” sign on the back wall or just lay it somewhere near the craft supplies.
- Have your elf choose where he/she wants to sit.
- That’s it!
Super cute and if your elf times this for a weekend or day off of school, your kids can totally enjoy a great indoor boredom buster via craft time!
Other posts you might enjoy…
We definitely could have used the help of a printable Elf on the Shelf Calendar to help us think of new hiding spots. Live and learn!
Print our Naughty and Nice List Free Printable because, well? The holidays!
Check out our Christmas Toy Challenge from Your Elf + FREE Printable Poem! Teach your kiddos to pay it forward while recycling… AND alleviate some clutter in the play room before Santa brings a new delivery!
Need a free printable Santa Cam?
Maybe your elf feels like a car race! Get our free printable checkered racing flags!
Do you want to build a snowman? Your elf does! Get our free printable snowman signs!