This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Need a sweet treat in a flash? These easy air fryer hand pies are just the ticket! They are made with store-bought pie crust and cook up in just minutes!
If you love apples and enjoy apple pie, you are REALLY going to love this one! This addition to our air fryer recipe collection is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It makes the perfect snack or dessert. Better yet – it’s so simple to make, even the kids can make them with little adult assistance!
We love our air fryer and use it several times a week. Sometimes, it sees multiple uses during a single DAY!
Every year as the summer draws to a close and the apples start to ripen, I am only too happy to enjoy apple treat after apple treat. You could certainly use your own simmered apples as the filling for these pies, but to save time, we used canned pie filling.
If apples aren’t your thing or if you simply want a little variety, try switching up this recipe with other pie filling flavors. For example pumpkin pie filling or cherry pie filling would work great!
I love how these cook up in the air fryer. The inside is warm and gooey and the outside has that crisp texture that is just perfect.
Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies Recipe
Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Air fryer
- Rolling pin
- 3 inch circle cookie cutter
- basting brush
- 1 pack Pie Crusts
- 5 oz Can of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 egg
- Roll out the pie crust on your work surface. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles.
- Place a small spoonful of apple pie filling in the middle of each dough circle.
- Use a rolling pin to slightly roll out the remaining dough circles. (You want them to be a little bit larger than the bottom circles.)
- Place a larger dough circle on top of each bottom circle and seal the edges by pressing a fork around the entire pie.
- Brush each pie with egg wash.
- Cook in the air fryer at 350F for 12-15 minutes (until the crust has browned slightly.)
- Serve and enjoy! Pie filling will be hot!
My kids LOVE making these pies!! They are such a quick and simple treat.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know how they turned out!
More apple recipes you might enjoy…