This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
We still have over a month until those big yellow school buses starting running up and down the streets around here. But I am already pinning up a storm in anticipation of a fresh new school year. This year I’m hoping to up my organizational game, because I have definitely found that the more organized I am, the smoother things tend to run for everyone. I just took some time to round up some ideas for quick and easy breakfasts that will come in handy on those busy school mornings come September.
While we most definitely eat our share of traditional easy breakfast foods (bagels, toast, frozen pancakes, cereal, etc) I do love to break up the monotony with some different ideas!
1. Overnight Oats: Raspberries, Bananas, Honey, Walnuts – Make up some overnight oats the night before! These oats can cater to individual taste – swap out the fruit I used for anything your fam might like better.
2. Eggo Waffle Breafast Pizza from Nums the Word – My kids LOVE anything with the word “pizza” in it. I love the chance to give them a little protein and fruit before they start their day!
3. 5 Minute Cinnamon Sugar Waffle Bites from Food Fanatic – Even on the craziest of mornings, I tend to have 5 minutes to spare. These look delicious!
4. These Banana Peanut Butter Honey Walnut Wraps boast flavor AND portability! This recipe is one that my entire family loves.
5. We love these Kid Friendly Easy Breakfast Parfaits from Carrie Elle! They can be made the night before or in the morning.
6. Take banana splits to an all-new level of breakfast YUM with these Breakfast Banana Splits from Art from My Table. Simply add fruit, granola and yogurt to a split banana and you’re set!
7. If your kids prefer to drink their breakfast, be sure to give our Very Berry Smoothies a try! You can really get creative with the different fruit you’d like to add.
9. I like to make up a big batch of these Freezer Breakfast Burritos on the weekend and pull them out as need for breakfast. They are so easy to make and you can swap out ingredients to cater to individual tastes.
10. Another great make ahead meal idea – these DIY Freezer Oatmeal Cups from Cupcakes and Kale Chips. Just pull them out of the freezer and microwave for breakfast.
11. I love the time-saving idea to use frozen waffles to make these Breakfast On the Go Waffle Sandwiches from Aprons and Stilletos.
12. Got a microwave? Then you can give these Egg And Cheese Tortillas from Mr. Breakfast a try!
13. You can make these Breakfast Banana Pops from Chocolate Covered Katie ahead of time and pull them out as needed!
14. Just 5 minutes is all you need to cook this Gluten Free Banana Bread in a Mason Jar from Mason Jar Breakfast.
15. If you have about 15 minutes to prep and cook, try out these Cinnamon French Toast Bites from Recipe Tin Eats.
16. I know that my kiddos would LOVE these Peanut Butter Banana Quesadillas from Budget Bytes.
17. Smoothie Freezer Kits are always a hit around here.
18. Another spin on the breakfast sandwich – I love making a batch of these Healthy Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches on the week. We freeze the egg and microwave it on weekday mornings. Place the egg on a freshly toasted muffin and you’re in for a tasty meal!
19. These little English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas from Life in the Green House look delicious!
20. Mmmmm! I can practically taste these Hot Ham and Swiss Croissants from Live with the Crust Off.
21. Turn your waffle iron into an omelet station to make these Waffle Omelets from Growing Up Gabel.
22. I know that I would LOVE these Apple Cookies from Rachel Schultz. I’ll bet my kids would enjoy them, too!
23. Every year I spend an entire day in the Fall baking up many loaves of Pumpkin Bread. This bread freezes amazingly well and we love having it for breakfast. Make up a batch and freeze the loaves. For breakfast, defrost a loaf and top slices with cream cheese (or butter).
24. These Make Ahead Brunch Cups from Betty Crocker look scrumptious!
25. Whip up a batch of these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars from Well Plated and serve them up throughout the week!
Other posts you might enjoy…