This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Secrets Disney Travel Agents Wish You Knew
Usually when we hear the word “secret” we assume that someone has some information that is meant to be kept under wraps. But WE ALL KNOW that Disney “secrets” typically refer to “cool extra rather unknown tips” that can enhance a Disney vacation. You know by now that we love Disney and I have written dozens of Disney posts with reviews, ways to save, tips and more. One thing that I wish I had known before we very first traveled to Disney World is that the services provided by Disney Travel Agents when you book a vacation package are 100% free of charge. That’s right – FREE! (A vacation package consists of 3 or more days of tickets and an on-site room booking, OR minimum of a room onsite booked for 4 or more nights). They are paid a commission from Disney and there is NO extra cost to you to use them. Unless I am renting DVC points, I use a travel agent. There are many incredible Disney TAs out there (feel free to drop your link in the post comments if you are one)! I used Twice As Nice Travel, LLC for our last 3 trips (2 Disney Cruises and 1 Parks trip) and I can personally attest that they are fantastic!
Typically when I suggest using a travel agent to friends who are thinking about a trip to Disney, they are shocked to learn that these services are free! That got me thinking – what other bits of information do Disney Travel Agents wish you knew? My friends at Twice As Nice came up with some great suggestions!
1. Disney Travel Agents are 100% free to use. I know I already said this, but it’s worth repeating. You pay nothing extra to enjoy their planning services when you book a vacation package.
2. Disney Travel Agents can be as hands-on or hands-off you clients prefer. You can be Type A (me) and plan all of your dining reservations and fast passes on your own, or you can have your TA plan every last detail for you. It’s completely up to you! I love to plan many aspects of our vacations and my TA is happy to let me plan as much or as little as I want. And even when she knows I am booking my own fast passes and dining, she still checks in to make sure I didn’t have any issues.
3. Disney Travel Agents are extremely knowledgeable about Disney Parks and are happy to share their best tips. You can’t just wake up one morning and become a Disney TA. You must have extensive Parks knowledge and go through training. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge Disney TAs have to offer!
4. Disney Travel Agents help you get the best deal on your trip. They are constantly watching for the best deals and pass those savings along to their clients.
5. Many Disney Travel Agents include itinerary planning with your booking. This was actually one of my FAVORITE perks from my Disney TA. A week or so before our trip, I received a package containing a folder that was just BRIMMING with Disney goodness. Park maps and laminated itinerary cards for each day of our vacation were the items that we used the most. I was so thankful to have itinerary cards in my backpack to reference. This saved my cell phone battery every time that I didn’t have to open the My Disney Experience App. Obviously different TAs send different things with your documents. This is just one example!
6. Your Disney Travel Agent will sit on hold so you don’t have to. Waiting on hold is a reality while planning a Disney trip. Your Disney TA will take care of these calls for you!
7. Your Disney Travel Agent can help if you run into any issues with your booking or stay. A Disney TA can serve as your advocate if something goes wrong. They are ready to fight for you if anything goes amiss.
8. Disney Travel Agents offer the chance to build a rapport with the SAME person, trip after trip. Instead of calling a corporation and getting a different operator every time (friendly though they might be!), having a TA lets you build a relationship with a vacation planner who will know your family’s preferences, likes, dislikes. They can personalize your trip and help make it even more memorable!
9. Disney Travel Agents have a direct line to Disney. Their resources give them the ability to get answers to your questions within minutes.
10. They aren’t just travel agents. They are travel agents that SPECIALIZE in all things Disney. They KNOW and LOVE Disney (the parks, the resorts, the restaurants, etc including all of the little quirks of booking a Disney trip). And with that said… they book all Disney – cruise, parks, Adventures by Disney, Aulani! And most of them book MORE than Disney (including Universal, Sandals, Beaches and more)! Don’t be afraid to ask!!