This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
DIY Apple Pie Slime
Have you been caught up in the SLIME craze yet? My kids have, my nieces have, most of the kids that my kids are friends with love to make their own slime and then play with it. Slime is a simple activity and there are so many fun variations that you can make. This DIY Apple Pie Slime is perfect for late summer and fall – it smells like an apple pie! We made up some Apple Pie Slime today and the kids had so much fun mixing it up with me and then playing with it.
Apple Pie Slime Ingredients:
How to make Apple Pie Slime:
1. Add clear glue and water to a mixing bowl. Mix together.
2. Add nutmeg, cinnamon and glitter. Add 1 TBSP of baking soda. Mix together.
3. Add 2nd 1 TBSP of baking soda. Next add 1 TBSP of saline solution.
4. Mix all ingredients together and slime should start to form, pulling away from the edges of the bowl. Add additional tablespoons of saline as needed (if slime is still sticky).
5. Knead slime by hand until the consistency is ready for play.
You can try storing this slime in an airtight container to play with another day. We didn’t have too much luck storing it – it seemed that the saline seeped out of the slime and left a big rubber ball instead of the once-stretchy slime! You might have better luck with that than we did! Either way, this recipe worked out great for lots of “in-the-moment” fun. It used minimal ingredients and the kids had a great time playing with it all afternoon!
Other posts you might enjoy…