Cupcake Jars! Okay, really, what’s not to love? They are super cute, they are very easy to make, and they taste delicious! There are actually two ways to make these. I kind of took the longer route to make mine (and by longer, I mean about 2 seconds more). You’re either going to make 2 round cakes and cut circles using a circle shaped cookie cutter OR you can simply make cupcakes!
For the cake, you need:
Cupcakes or 2 8″ round cakes
For the frosting, you need:
4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
2 Sticks (1 Cup) Butter, Softened
3 TSP Vanilla Extract
2 TBSP Milk
Food Coloring (optional)
To make the frosting: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer on low until ingredients are combined, then beat on medium until frosting is your desired consistency.
To make the cupcake jars:
1. Add some frosting to a piping bag. (Ziploc Bags work great too.)
2. Pipe a layer or two of frosting around the bottom of your glass jar.
3. If you are using round cakes, use a circle cookie cutter to cut a piece of cake.
4. Cut the piece of cake (or cupcake) in half so that you have 2 circles.
5. Place one circle on the layer of frosting in your glass jar. Pipe a second layer of frosting on top of that piece of cake. Place your second piece of cake on top of the frosting. Pipe a final layer of frosting on top. Decorate with sprinkles if you desire!
Tip: You can use a few drops of food coloring to change the color of your frosting if you’d like!
Other posts you might enjoy…