This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
As the winter months drag on, I usually find myself sending in a fresh round of glue sticks, crayons and other assorted school supplies to restock Lily’s depleted pencil box. Last week while I rounded up some things to send to school, I came up with the idea for a Glue Stick Valentine. I thought this would not only make a great non-candy Valentine option, but it might help out the teacher if every kid received a shiny new glue stick.
If you stocked up on glue sticks during back to school shopping, you might still have some on hand. I ordered this Classroom Pack of 60 Elmer’s Glue Sticks on Amazon and had enough for the entire class with plenty left over.
To make these Valentines, you will need:
How to make:
1. Save a copy of my free printable cards to your hard drive.
2. Print out as many cards as you need. I recommend printing them on white cardstock using high quality color ink. I sized my cards to 4×6 inches and was able to print 2 cards per piece of cardstock.
3. Use a marker to place 2 dots on the card where you want to poke the holes for twine.
4. Use a sharp point to poke holes in the card where you made the dots.
5. Run the twine through both holes and wrap it around a glue stick once before double knotting and tying a bow.
6. Sign the card (or have your kiddo sign it). You could have the cards signed prior to attaching the glue sticks – it’s up to you.
Watch this video to see the entire process in action:
Other posts you might enjoy…