This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th.
Last year Lily’s Kindergarten class made leprecaun traps. The kids went BERZERK when they arrived at school on St. Patrick’s Day and saw the fun those leprechauns had with their traps! (And no, much to the kids’ dismay, no leprechauns were caught!)
Check out these fun ideas for making some leprechaun mischief at YOUR home. These ideas range from super simple to some time involved – LOL – that way you can choose your commitment level!
1. Make a leprechaun trap. This can be as simple or as involved as you want to make it. For extra fun, have the leprechaun leave a little treasure (gold chocolate coins, candy, etc) after he evades the trap.
2. Leave some gold coins. Whether you leave plastic funny money or the chocolate version, these are a fun and easy thing to leave from the leprechaun. Tip: buy your coins EARLY. A couple years ago I forgot to buy them until the day before 3/17. Yeah, no gold coins anywhere. Easter candy EVERYWHERE.
3. Leave a letter from the leprechaun like Creekside Learning did.
More St. Patrick’s Day Fun:
5. My kids would go NUTS if the leprechauns set up this windshield rainbow like Cup of Jo did!
7. How fun are these Magic Leprechaun Rocks from Gift of Curiosity? They DISSOLVE to reveal a secret TREASURE!
8. Have the leprechauns leave a rainbow made from streamers. Here’s an example from just tell me to relax and breathe.
10. Swap out the kids’ shoelaces for green shoelaces!
11. Leave special snacks – Lucky Charms and green milk are both great ideas! (This example is from Half Hour Meals.)
12. Use window markers to leave leprechaun greens on windows and/or mirrors!
16. The leprechaun could turn some cookies into gold “coins!”
17. Have the leprechaun serve up some Pot O’Gold Punch!
18. Give the kids some Leprechaun Bait to help their leprechaun-catching-attempts!
20. Similar to the magic rocks, have the leprechaun leave these Magic Shamrocks for the kids. This example is from Growing a Jeweled Rose.
More posts you might enjoy…
- Shamrock Pound Cake
- $10 – Star Wars St. Patricks Day Tees
- 10-Second Rainbow Cupcakes – St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Hack
- Magical Reindeer Food Recipe + Free Printable Poem Tag
- Peeps Egg Surprise Cupcakes
- Easy Easter Candy Centerpieces – Peeps, M&Ms and Chocolate Bunnies
- Easy Easter Candy Mug Gift Silhouette Project