Posted on March 12, 2014

2018 Regal Cinemas $1 Summer Movies Schedule

This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.

2018 Regal Cinemas $1 Summer Movies Schedule

2018 Regal $1 movie schedule is HERE!

Regal Cinemas $1 Summer Movies Schedule 2018 lineup

Moviegoers of all ages can climb aboard to enjoy a great selection of films. During this FOURTEEN-week festival (5 weeks longer than previous years!!!), select Regal Cinemas, United Artists and Edwards Theatres will offer selected PG rated movies for only $1 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.  Please remember – the schedule varies by location.  Check out their $1 movie schedule, put in your zip code, and search your specific theater’s schedule.

The 2018 list of participating theaters has been posted! .  Find a theater near you here.

VIDEO REEL

Movie listings by week*.  Many theaters are playing BOTH movies BOTH days!  This is a great budget-friendly to spend some time out of the summer heat.

2018 Regal Summer Movie Express Schedule

Week 13
Despicable Me 3
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked

Week 14
Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
Kung Fu Panda 3

Check out the Regal Summer Movie Express page for more info and details!

Save this page to have a quick reference to the 2018 $1 Regal movie schedule.

PIN TO PINTEREST!

2018 REgal $1 Movies Schedule COMPLETE

More fun you might enjoy…

DIY Beach Sand Hand and Footprint Keepsakesmason jarbaby to the beach must have items titleNo Bake Sand Cake Bucket Dessert10 Fun FREE or CHEAP Things to do with Kids in the Outer Banks, NCJuly 4th Photo Props10 Cool Campground Friendly Toys and GamesToddler Beach Packing ListSmores CookiesPlaying with Cloud Dough18 Free Things to Do with Kids in PhiladelphiaBeach Bag Essentials ListDIY Dollar Store First Aid KitOreo American Flag Cookie PopsAmerican Flag Fruit KabobSimple Patriotic Decor Ideas for Your HomeNational Anthem Star Spangled Banner Printflag chocolatesPatriotic Rice Centerpiece

49 Comments

• Reply Samantha March 13, 2014 at 7:49 am

Just wondering when is the first week as no dates are listed? Also is the price of $1 for adults too or just for the kids?

• Reply mamacheaps March 13, 2014 at 11:20 am

The start date differs by location – that’s why there are no dates. Follow the link in this post to get to Regal’s site – find your local participating theater and it will tell you what date the program starts. $1 for everyone – regardlless of age. :)

• Reply Deb March 13, 2014 at 8:59 am

When does this begin?

• Reply mamacheaps March 13, 2014 at 11:18 am

It begins on different dates at different theaters. Follow the link in this post to get to Regal’s site – find your local participating theater and it will tell you what date the program starts.

• Reply mamacheaps March 13, 2014 at 11:20 am

It’s real! :) We have enjoyed it in the past!

• Reply Mariela March 15, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Totally real! Awesome deal. But be sure to get there early because they pack out really quickly!

• Reply Shana March 30, 2014 at 6:54 pm

It’s real. I plan mini trips and day adventures every summer and we do go to regal. Also check out Cinemark is you have one near you. They have a similar summer deal. Thank you for this list.

• Reply Jenn March 29, 2015 at 4:14 pm

It is totally for real. We went most weeks last summer…it was awesome!

• Reply Roseanne Frederick March 13, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Great deal

• Reply Jenny March 13, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I saw the comments above and I went to the link/website. I still can’t figure out where this event is posted to find out when it starts… I live in 30078.

• Reply mamacheaps March 13, 2014 at 2:22 pm

You go here: http://www.regmovies.com/Movies/Summer-Movie-Express
      Then look up your state. Then see if a theater near you participates! :)

• Reply hutto4 May 29, 2014 at 8:24 pm

What link? I looked under my state and it only shows the theater name. I don’t see any dates.

• Reply mamacheaps May 29, 2014 at 8:59 pm

The Regal link in this post, http://www.regmovies.com/Movies/Summer-Movie-Express. Scroll down – every theater name has a date next to it which is Week 1.

• hutto4 May 29, 2014 at 11:02 pm

O if it says Regal Grande Stadium 16 that means it starts June 16th?

• mamacheaps May 30, 2014 at 6:37 am

No… that’s the name of the theater. You need to scroll all the way to the right if you’re on a phone – there are dates listed next to each theater on the right hand side of the page. So it would say June XYZ, 2014. When in doubt, call your local theater and ask when they start.

• Reply Eileen Engel March 13, 2014 at 8:07 pm

This a great deal!!

• Reply Eileen Engel March 13, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Wow.Is this for Fishkill also

• Reply Tara March 14, 2014 at 11:02 am

Santikos theaters have a similar program and it’s FREE!!!

• Reply Trisha March 16, 2014 at 9:44 am

I’ve seen similar programs, but I’ve had to prepurchase a punch card. For this program do you pay at the door? Thanks for sharing!

• Reply mamacheaps March 16, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Yup – you just pay at the door! :) have fun!

• Reply shannon March 16, 2014 at 6:26 pm

we already have the free summer movies her in fred. va. they are charging now?

• Reply mamacheaps March 16, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Ours were free 3 years ago and then they started charging $1/person. I would check with your local theater to see how they are running the program this year!

• Reply Cindy H older March 16, 2014 at 8:49 pm

We will ready and waiting. Enjoyed Ute before

• Reply Nancy March 18, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I have been since they had these movies, that used to be free, but $1 is still great. Took the kids to every movie last summer. So thankful my kids get to see all themovies.

• Reply Beth March 22, 2014 at 9:28 am

I would like to request that Regal reserve one theater for people who just attend as a family. We tried to attend last year and were crowded in every time among multiple day care groups with leaders constantly yelling out directions and talking to t he kids. (They weren’t yelling at the children, just yelling so all of them could hear.) This was not an enjoyable experience and with 8 or 9 theaters available in our town one should be reserved for those not attending with a large group. It’s also hard to get a seat when the daycares tell you they are holding multiple rows for their kids to sit together.

• Reply Megan March 24, 2014 at 12:29 pm

:( they don’t have this in my area. Portland, OR

• Reply Sara March 27, 2014 at 3:10 am

Ugh, sorry, feel free to delete that…I mean to post to the Regal site :(

• Reply alice shook March 27, 2014 at 10:22 am

What is the date the $1.00 movies begin

• Reply mamacheaps March 27, 2014 at 10:24 am

The dates are all different depending on when your local Regal starts. Follow the link in this post to Regal’s site. Find your local theater and it will list the starting date for that theater. That’s week #1. :)

• Reply Suzanne May 4, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Maybe I’m just not understanding, but 2 movies are listed for each week. Is the first movie shown that Tuesday and the second is Wednesday? My old town had the same movie on those two days, so I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

• Reply mamacheaps May 4, 2014 at 4:58 pm

You are correct – one is Tues, the 2nd is Weds :)

• Reply H May 30, 2014 at 11:14 pm

in our town, they show both movies both days

• Reply Mandi May 19, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I’ve been super excited since seeing this post! Unfortunately I finally got around to looking up the schedule for my local Regal and it doesn’t include any of the movies you have listed here. Major bummer! I’ll be looking forward to it next year I guess!

• Reply Sandy June 3, 2014 at 7:30 am

The movies will only show up if you look on the schedule for a Tuesday or Wednesday. In my experience, they do a very poor job of promoting these movies and it’s very hard to track down the information. So double thanks for posting the link!

• Reply Dana May 22, 2014 at 11:08 am

Cinemark Movies do the same type program. There you can buy a ticket ahead of time online for $5 for the whole summer, or can do $1 at the door. Their’s start at 9:30am (at least here in Jacksonville, FL) so, I’ll be honest, with 3 kids, we will most likely still do the Regal. Just wanted to share!

• Reply mamacheaps May 22, 2014 at 11:41 am

Yes!! I was happy to see that Cinemark will be offering their program again this summer. I will have a post up with their info in the next couple of days. Nice that there are some different options. Frank Theatres sometimes runs one too.

• Reply Kelly June 1, 2014 at 11:04 am

I called my local theater & they had no information of start time or anything else.

• Reply mamacheaps June 3, 2014 at 8:17 am

Did you look them up using the link I posted? If they aren’t listed they aren’t participating this year – that could be why they didn’t know about it.

• Reply Disappointed Parent July 2, 2014 at 10:47 am

Regal’s 2014 $1 summer movie program is a sham. This year they started the regular showings at the same time as the $1 movies.This caused a shortage in availabe theaters. Consequently, it did not matter if you were at the theater early or not, you were still met with long lines. Countless people were turned away. The only accommodation offered was the wonderful opportunity to pay for a higher priced movie. For a family of six, the cost would have amounted to at least $150 with snacks. Thanks alot for a special summer sham, Regal. Keep up the great work!

• Reply Dana July 3, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I must say that hasn’t been the case in my area. There gave been 4 theaters and at one point 5 theaters with nothing else starting until 1pm. ($1 movies started at 10am). It has been a weekly activity for us!

• Reply april March 17, 2015 at 12:27 am

either I am doing something wrong or there are no theaters in California participating. I guess I will just have to take a trip to our local theater to ask.

• Reply mamacheaps March 17, 2015 at 7:58 am

This list of participating theaters has not been released yet by Regal for 2015. Keep checking back on this post – I will edit my post when the list is up!

• Reply Cathy April 28, 2015 at 1:04 pm

I think they should do one day for the morning and one day in the evening. showing them all at 10:00am doesn’t give the children who have parents that work 1st shift the chance to go to see the movies at a discounted price that the parents may not be able to afford otherwise. It kind of discriminates against the children of people who work 1st shift…

• Reply mamacheaps April 29, 2015 at 8:31 pm

IDK I;m sure for Regal it’s more about filling movie theaters that usually sit empty at that time of day.

• Reply Jessica Kenney April 13, 2016 at 4:47 pm

u should do this on monday

• Reply Pam May 15, 2017 at 10:51 am

I take a van load of children every week to these. Its a fun cheap excursion unless you plan to buy food. I was shocked in 2016, after Regal bought it, how much the kids pack price had went up. It went from $3 for kids popcorn and drink to $7 and they added a pkg of gummy’s. So be prepared, in which I was not last year. I wound up buying one large popcorn to share and going to the water fountain.