Last weekend we were camping out in Lancaster County. We were within a 30 minute or so drive from the Strasburg Railroad and decided to take the kids for a train ride. We had been there twice before with Lily, but it has been years since our last visit.
It just so happened that last weekend was one of Strasburg’s annual “Day Out with Thomas” events when Thomas the Tank Engine and Percy are available for rides. Want to save some money? We didn’t have tickets for the Thomas train ride, so we figured we’d just buy tickets for the regular non-Thomas train that was also running that day. WELL. That train ride was about HALF the price of the Thomas ride and nearly TWICE as long! PLUS you still get to see Thomas and Percy as they pull in, load up and pull out of the station. There were also bunch of Thomas activities available – free stuff like temporary tattoos, music, games, stickers and more. It was a blast!
Watch our video to catch a recap of our whole afternoon at Strasburg Railroad:
Some other posts you might enjoy…
- Road Trip Activities for Kids
- Toddler Road Trip Activities: How $2.25 Bought Us 4 Hours of Happy Silence
- FREE Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD
- Don’t Watch Your Family Vacation from the Sidelines
- 6 Things to Do IMMEDIATELY After Boarding a Disney Cruise Ship
- Disney Cruise Lines Review – Disney Dream 3-Night Bahamas
- How to Ship Snacks (and More) to Your Disney Resort
- How to Use Child Swap at Disney World