Thanksgiving week means one thing in this house – and no, it’s not Black Friday shopping. Thanksgiving time is pumpkin bread baking time! This tradition started back with my grandmother. I grew up baking the same recipe with my own mom year after year. After my mom died, my sister and I kept it going.
A few years ago I was excited to start the bake-a-thon with Lily Bean – and she was only too happy to help!
We always make a BIG batch of pumpkin bread – we give it out as holiday gifts and freeze a whole bunch. It makes the best (quick!) breakfast which we enjoy throughout the year. Plain or with cream cheese or butter on top – you can’t go wrong.
Makes: 2 large loaves or 7-8 small loaves (I usually make the small ones!)
You will need:
- 2 Cups canned pumpkin
- 2/3 Cup Crisco
- 2 & 2/3 Cups Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 and 1/3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Cloves
- Non-stick cooking spray (I used the kind with flour in it.)
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Blend all ingredients.
- Pour batter into bread pans greased with non-stick spray. I fill the smaller loaf pans with approximately 3/4 cup of batter – about halfway full.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean). If you are making large loaves, they will need to bake for about 70 minutes.
We ended up with 6 batches worth of bread – YUM! We double wrapped the majority of the bread in aluminum foil and put it in the freezer. They will be perfect to enjoy over the long winter.
Of course, we made sure to leave plenty out of the freezer so that we can enjoy it along with our Thanksgiving feast!
PIN THIS POST TO PINTEREST!
Other posts you might enjoy…
Well you know I just LOVE this! I was so excited to stumble upon this 20 Slow Cooker Meals for under $150 at Aldi post from I Am That Lady.
She includes recipes for a bunch of different meals (some that you make once, others twice). She shopped only at Aldi and spent just under $150 for ingredients to make 20 MEALS. Awesome!
It’s Monday yet again!
Here are the very best deals that went up over the weekend in case you missed them. All are still available as of this morning:
- Coupon matchups and weekly deals for national drugstores (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid)
- Boredom Buster: How to make Silly Putty at home – uses just 2 ingredients
- Trade in old baby gear at Babies R Us to get coupons for new gear
- FREE KINDLE BOOK – Homemade Potato Chip Recipes
- SAVE BIG: From $11.60 – American Girl Clothing Outfits Girl Scouts, Gymnastics, Ice Skating, Cheerleading, Swimming, Skiing, Pajamas, Soccer Outfits
- Think you’re wasting your time requesting FREE STUFF? Take a look at all of the FREEBIES that I got in just one month!
- Walgreens Photo Discount: Buy 25 Prints, Get 25 FREE Prints with FREE In-Store Pickup
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe (Yes, it’s every bit as good as it sounds. Maybe better.)
- A whole bunch of AMAZON DEALS.
- One of my all-time very favorite CANVAS PRINT deals – 1 huge canvas for $29.99 SHIPPED.
- A sweet surprise – that won’t break the budget! Teacher Valentine’s Day Gift Idea: Drink Tumbler
This book is available as a FREE PDF download or you can order the printed book while supplies last!
Discover even more ways to enjoy delicious Marzetti products by signing up for their FREE email newsletter.
Sign up today and get their best recipes, tips and more sent to you each month.