I would have thought that after all of his cheap razors, Bob would be done with CVS for the week. Then yesterday when he got home, it was a sea of coupon clipping and trip planning as he was chattering excitedly about cheap deodorant. LOL! He ended up getting some great stuff – and did so after 5 separate transactions, rolling ECBs from one transaction to the next.
Be sure to check out the CVS Christmas clearance post that I put up last week. That trip includes the 90% off items. Last week we shopped 75% off CVS Christmas clearance.
If you’re new to CVS shopping, make sure you check out our CVS for beginners post to learn the ropes! You might also want to review the CVS coupon policy and consider carrying a printed copy with you.
He started with $0 ECBs!
Here’s what he got:
(4) Speed Stick Gear Deodorant (on sale $4/each, regular price $5.49/each)
* Spend $12 on Speed Stick, Get $6 ECBs
Use (2) B1G1 Speed Stock Coupons from 1/18 SmartSource
Pay $8. Get back $6 ECBs.
(2) Colgate Mouthwash (on sale $5.99/each, regular price $7.29/each)
* Get $3 ECBs for each one you buy, limit 2
Use (2) $2/1 Colgate coupons from 1/18 SmartSource
Use $6 ECB from previous transaction
Pay $1.98. Get back $6 ECBs.
(2) Colgate Toothpaste (on sale $3.49/each, regular price $4.49/each)
(1) Can of Tuna (used as filler to cover overage) – $.8
* Get $2 ECBs for each Colgate Toothpaste, limit 2
Use (2) $.75/1 Colgate coupons from 1/18 SmartSource
Use $6 ECBs from previous transaction
Pay $.36. Get back $4 ECBs.
(2) Vaseline Spray lotions (on sale $4.15/each, regular price $8.29)
Use (1) B1G1 Vaseline coupon from 1/4 Red Plum
Use $4 ECBs from previous transaction
Pay $.44. Tripped 2nd “Spend $15, get $5 ECBs deal” – got $5 ECBs.
(4) Softsoap Bodywash (on sale $3/each, regular price $4.49)
* Spend $12, get $6 ECBs
Use (4) $.75/1 Softsoap coupons from 1/18 SmartSource
Use $5 ECBs from previous transaction
Pay $4. Get back $6 ECBs.
I told ya! He was on fire last night!
Final breakdown –
Paid $14.78 out of pocket for $81.83 (retail) in product. Walked away with $6 ECBs to spend next time. That’s like paying $8.78 for more than $80 in product after you figure in the ECBs on that last transaction. AND IT’S ALL STUFF WE’LL USE!