Easy 4th of July Mason Jar Luminaries
Mason jars have such a simple, clean, classic look. They are so easy to turn into about a million different crafty things, my favorite of which usually includes home decor. Last week I was cruising the craft store aisles and happened upon some great patriotic themed ribbon. I immediately loved the look of the ribbon and then saw that it was all 50% off. Needless to say, several rolls of ribbon came home with me and here is the first project I used them for!
These mason jar luminaries are so easy to put together! (I made mine in a matter of minutes.)
You will need these supplies:
- Mason Jars (I used quart and pint sized jars)
- Battery operated tealight candles
- Patriotic Ribbon (found these at Michael’s)
How to make:
1. Tape one end of ribbon to jar.
2. Wrap ribbon around jar.
3. Tape other end of ribbon to jar, over the first end of ribbon.
4. Place a tea light candle in each jar. So pretty! (I usually only turn on the candles at night so I don’t waste the batteries when the sun is up.)
Turn the lights down! Even prettier! I like to put these in our window in the kitchen. They look beautiful when the sun shines through them and then at night the candles flicker like real flames.
How do YOU decorate for the 4th of July? I love patriotic decorations because I can leave them up all summer long. Do you decorate for the 4th? What are some of your favorite DIY projects using mason jars?
More fun you might enjoy…