Whether you find yourself looking for a fun leprechaun trick to play on the kiddos, or simply want to create a super awesome holiday themed dessert for your St. Patrick’s Day party, these Leprechaun Cookies are JUST the ticket! They are so easy to make, are very budget friendly and look fantastic!
Here’s a video of me making these:
I first set out to make these “golden” cookies using Nilla wafers. While the end result was just fine and dandy, they lacked the WOW factor that I was seeking because, well, those cookies are already pretty gold in color. I had a pack of chocolate sandwich cookies in the pantry and decided to try those (I used ALDI brand – OREO cookies or anything similar would work.) This type of cookie worked MUCH better!
You only need 2 things to make Leprechaun Cookies: a pack of cookies and a can of Wilton Gold Color Mist. I picked up some small glittery Irish hats at the dollar store to serve the cookies in… those small plastic black treasure pots (ie end of the rainbow) would work great too.
Arrange cookies in a single layer on parchment or wax paper. Spray one side of the cookies until they are the shade of gold that you desire. Flip cookies over and repeat this procedure.
That’s it! Allow your cookies to dry for a bit or else you will end up with gold food paint on your fingers. Here is a look at a painted cookie next to an unpainted cookie so you can really see the difference.
These would be so fun to serve at a St. Patrick’s Day party or even to sneak into your kids’ lunch for dessert that day.
More St. Patrick’s Day Fun:
More posts you might enjoy…
- Shamrock Pound Cake
- 10-Second Rainbow Cupcakes – St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Hack
- Magical Reindeer Food Recipe + Free Printable Poem Tag
- Peeps Egg Surprise Cupcakes
- Easy Easter Candy Centerpieces – Peeps, M&Ms and Chocolate Bunnies
- Easy Easter Candy Mug Gift Silhouette Project
- 20 Awesome Leprechaun Tricks to Play on Kids!
- FREE Printable Leprechaun Jokes (Perfect for Lunches!)
- Rainbow Pot of Gold Teacher Gift with FREE Printable Tag
- DIY Peeps Shirts