I want you to meet someone.
Her name is Izzy.
That’s short for Izzy Instant Pot.
Izzy is a 7-in-1 Instant Pot that features a pressure cooker function as well as slow cooker, yogurt maker, rice maker and more. She is my new favorite dinner tool and has made at least half of our meals in the week since she arrived.
We weren’t expecting much for our first recipe, and then we were shocked at how incredible the meal actually was. And how easy! While all of the extra functions on this cooker are nice, it was the pressure cooker that really drew me in. You know how much I love my slow cooker, but the pressure cooker function offers something that the slow cooker cannot: SPEED. When you cook food under such high pressure, the result is not only a shorter cook time, but the result is food infused with flavor and meat that is falling off the bone.
Our first recipe turned out so great, I’m glad I snapped a few quick pictures while cooking so that I can share it with you.
Rack of ribs (on the bone) We used pork ribs and they were semi-defrosted.
1 Cup Coca Cola
How to make:
1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Pour Coke and squirt some BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray’s) in the Instant Pot.
3. Place ribs inside Instant Pot and squirt some more BBQ sauce on top.
4. Secure lid onto cooker and turn on. Choose the “meat” function and set to 20 minutes.
5. The pressure cooker will take 10-15 minutes to set the pressure before it starts cooking. Make sure to follow the directions in your operating manual carefully so that the pressure sets correctly.
6. After the pressure is set, the timer on your Instant Pot will appear and the cook time will begin to count down from 20.
7. At this time, fire up your oven to broil (hi) or if you prefer, turn on your grill outside and let it heat up.
8. After your cooker timer goes off, release the pressure and remove ribs.
9. They will be fully cooked and ready to eat – BUT – here’s one last step that will take the taste from really good to amazing: place your ribs on a baking sheet if going into the oven or directly on your grill. Brush a fresh coat of BBQ sauce on top of the ribs.
10. Grill or broil for another 5-10 minutes, just until the sauce is caramelized on top.
Do you have an Instant Pot? I would love to hear what YOUR favorite recipes are! Share them in the comments!
Other posts you might enjoy…