Healthy Breakfast Burrito Freezer Meal
A few years ago I wrote a recipe post that continues to get some great traffic – a healthy breakfast burrito freezer meal that had eggs, sausage crumbles, salsa and cheese inside. That recipe has remained a staple in my meal planning since then and this week I made up another variation that I like just as much! Freezer meals are like the answer to my prayers. I don’t make them nearly as often as I’d like, but boy am I grateful when I find some in freezer! They make the perfect breakfast for busy mornings, which are pretty much the norm around here.
Makes: 16 burritos
See below for nutritional info!
You will need:
- 16 Tortilla Wraps (I used Ortega 120 calorie tortillas)
- 17 Slices of Turkey Bacon (cooked, chopped)
- 1 Cup Reduced-Fat Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 4 Cups Egg Beaters
- 8 oz Spinach (cooked)
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
How to make:
1. Place large skillet on stove over medium heat. Coat skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add eggs and allow to sit for several minutes.
3. Add spinach, turkey bacon, cheese and pepper.
4. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs.
5. When eggs are completely cooked (not runny), remove from skillet and allow to cool. (Sometimes I place the eggs in the refrigerator for a few hours until I have a chance to get back to them.)
6. Add a heaping 1/4 Cup of egg mixture to the center of a tortilla and wrap it up, burrito-style. Repeat until you have used all of the tortillas and eggs.
7. Wrap each burrito in Saran Wrap.
8. I store my breakfast burritos in gallon-sized freezer bags. I write the contents and cooking instructions on the outside of the freezer bag.
Here is a video I put together to show you the cooking process:
Serving Size: 1 burrito
Saturated Fat: 2g
Other posts you might enjoy…