Here in the Philadelphia Suburbs, we are bracing for our first possible major snow event of the winter! I have to admit, even though I can’t stand the cold and the chance of breaking my legs on the ice, I love the look of snow. Peaceful, beautiful, serene. Accumulating snow (especially when it comes on a weekend) means fun outside playing by day and snuggling up with hot chocolate for a movie night in front of the fireplace by night.
If you find yourself with some snow (this weekend or really whenever) here are 5 fun snow activities for kids to enjoy (in addition to the traditional snowman building, snow angel making and snowball fighting, of course)!
1. Make some snow paint! It only take two ingredients and will entertain the kids for hours!
2. Enjoy a sweet treat after hours of snow play. Make this snow ice cream recipe.
3. If you live close to a ski resort, consider take your kids skiing, snowboarding or tubing for the day. Check out sites like Groupon and LivingSocial for possible discounts before you go. Also don’t forget about the FREE Ski PA program for 4th/5th graders. Love this post from Dude with a Brew that shows you how to teach your kids to ski.
4. This looks like a lot of fun! Learn how to make snow volcanoes from Growing a Jeweled Rose.
5. My kids would go NUTS if I set up a snow kitchen like Sun Hats and Wellie Boots!
What are YOUR family’s favorite snow day activities?