“Hands Down Best Dad” Father’s Day Handprint Gift
I have literally been waiting for an entire YEAR to share this gift idea with you! The kids and I made this shadow box gift for Bob last year and I didn’t want to spoil his surprise by posting it prior to Father’s Day. So I waited it out and now I can show it off!
The hardest part of this gift was dipping a then-7ish-month-old’s hand into PAINT and attempting to make a coherent handprint on canvas. LOL
For this craft you will need:
paint (I used acrylic, one color for each kid)
a blank canvas
a shadow box frame
any other embellishments you’d like to add
How to make:
1. Before you do ANYTHING, check to make sure your canvas fits nicely in the shadow box. You might notice that I had to trim the corners off of my canvas so that it would sit flush with the back of the shadow box.
2. Dip each child’s hand in paint and press evenly on the canvas. Let dry.
3. Use a Sharpie marker to write the message of your choice. I wrote each kid’s name by his/her handprint and then wrote “World’s Best Dad, HANDS DOWN! We love you, Daddy!” underneath the prints.
4. In the scrapbook aisle at the craft store I found a cute little banner to add to the top of the canvas. I put heart stickers on either side of the last line of text.
5. Pop the canvas into the back of the shadow box and you’ve got yourself a really heartfelt gift!
More Summer fun you might enjoy…