We had so much fun whipping up these adorable brownie bite strawberry santa hats for Christmas Eve last year! They taste as sweet as they look, you’ll find it hard not to pop one, two, three… There were audible oooo’s and ahhhhh’s as we pulled the tray of these treats out of the fridge. We couldn’t believe how easy these treats were to make – and a big shortcut was to pick up a container of round brownie bites from BJ’s. If you can’t find a grocer that stocks them, you’ll have to bake up a batch of brownies and use a round cookie cutter to make your circles (which still won’t take you too awfully long).
To make them you will need:
Fresh Strawberries (rinsed, hulled)
1/2 cup unsalted butter -softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3 TBSP half and half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
How to make:
1. Arrange brownie bites on a tray.
2. Make frosting: combine butter, sugar, half and half and vanilla in a bowl. Beat with a mixer for 2 minutes or until it becomes fluffy.
3. Place your frosting in a ziploc bag and snip the corner to make a piping bag.
4. Swirl frosting on top of each brownie.
5. Top each brownie with a strawberry, cut side down (pointy side up).
6. Dot the top of each strawberry with a tiny bit of frosting.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You might also enjoy…