Fall Pumpkin Dip Recipe
Every year I tell myself that I am going to make a pumpkin dip for one of our many fall gatherings…. and it never happens. I either forget or just don’t get to it.
Last year I was determined to finally whip up a batch. It turned out to not only be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made, but also the one that I have gotten the most compliments on. Everyone LOVED this dip and they loved the presentation in a real pumpkin. I liked it so much that I spent a good portion of the evening hovering over the pumpkin for more dip.
I purchased all of the ingredients for this dip at ALDI except for the pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon because we already had those. I probably spent about half of what I would spend at the other grocery stores – without compromising quality!
You will need:
- small pumpkin, hollowed out
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding powder
- 16 oz tub of whipped topping
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional for dipping: apple slices, vanilla wafers, ginger snaps
How to make:
- Mix pumpkin, pudding mix, whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice together by hand in a large bowl.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Fill pumpkin with the chilled dip. Sprinkle top of dip with cinnamon.
- Serve with apple slices, vanilla wafers and/or ginger snaps.