Serious confession: I love the Hillshire Farm commercials. You know- the ones that always proclaim, “GO MEAT!” at the end? Yeah, those. I don’t know why, but they always make me chuckle.
ANYWAY…. Hillshire Farm has recently partnered with Chef Delilah Winder, owner of Philadelphia’s Delilah’s Restaurants. In fact, Delilah came home to Philly to help families in need at Lutheran Settlement House’s Jane Addams Place while sharing her signature 7-Cheese Macaroni & Cheese recipe along with Hillshire Farm cooking tips. (Yes, the very same Mac and Cheese recipe that was voted the “best in the country” by Oprah!)
We had the opportunity to try some Hillshire Farm products. We picked up a couple different products, including the Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausage. YUM!!!! Their food just never disappoints- it’s always tasty and a welcome addition to your dinner table. I love the option to purchase turkey sausage as opposed to pork- we have really been trying to change our eating habits and the leaner meats are always a welcome addition to our dinners.
Did I try the famous Mac and Cheese recipe? YOU BETCHA! All I have to say is…. “GO MEAT!” LOL No seriously, it was incredibly tasty.
You can make it yourself!
DELILAH WINDER’S (7-CHEESE) MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH HILLSHIRE FARM TURKEY SMOKED SAUSAGE
Serves 6 to 8 people
• 2 pounds elbow macaroni
• 12 eggs
• 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
• ½ pound (2 sticks) butter; melted
• 6 cups half-and-half
• 4 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
• 2 cups grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese
• 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
• 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
• 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 cup grated Muenster cheese
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 2 13oz. packages of Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausage
1. Cube Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausage
2. Sautee until brown and set aside to keep warm
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil
5. Add the macaroni and cook until still slightly al dente, about 10 minutes
6. Drain and set aside to keep warm
7. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy
8. Combine the eggs , Velveeta , butter, and 2 cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl
9. Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth
10. Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow cheddar cheese, the remaining
grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined
11. Fold in the cubed Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausage
12. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch casserole or baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes
13. Sprinkle with the remaining I cup of sharp yellow cheddar cheese
14. Bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more
15. Serve hot
And now for the giveaway! Hillshire Farm wants to give one SUPER LUCKY Mama Cheaps reader ONE YEAR OF HILLSHIRE FARMS PRODUCTS.
How cool is THAT?
Entering is simple! Earn 1 entry for each item below. Please leave a separate comment below for EACH entry. (If you are already doing any of the following, you DO earn that entry!)
- Mandatory: What is your favorite Hillshire Farm product? (You can browse their website for ideas here.)
- Subscribe to our daily email digest– get one email each evening that contains every post that went up on our site that day. Never miss a deal again! (You MUST confirm your email address.)
- Subscribe to our RSS feed (such as Google Reader).
- Follow us on Twitter.
All opinions are 100% ours. Hillshire Farm provided us with free product coupons to facilitate our review.
This giveaway is open to anyone from the United States who is 18 years or older. It will run from today, 5/14/10, until Saturday 5/29/10 at 8 PM EST. One winner will be chosen via random number generator on random.org.